Windsor Locks Public Library
Drag box to select area
100% Were impressed
The library first opened its doors as the Memorial Hall Association on October 7, 1907 at the corner of Main and Spring Streets. It had 1,250 volumes, 450 of which were donated by the Women's Christian Temperance Union of Windsor Locks. According to the library's own history, 70 books were checked out on its first day. In the 1920s, the library moved to the Windsor Locks Bank Building and changed its name to the Windsor Locks Public Library Inc. After eight head librarians during its history, the library is now located on Main Street and has a collection of more than 88,000 items.
28 Main St, Windsor Locks, CT 06096
- Fax: 860-627-1496
- Hours: Mon - Thu, 10am - 8:30pm; Fri, Sat, 10am - 5pm; Sat, 10am - 2pm in July and August