1. Welcome to Monday, March 26. Today will be cooler again with gusty winds, sun and a few clouds with a high of 46 degrees. Winds could occasionally gust more than 40 miles per hour.
2. Curious about who was born on this day in recent history? Check out this list from brainyhistory.com:
In 1986: Jessica McClure, the baby girl who had been in that Texas well and captured the country's heart and was in their prayers in 1988.
In 1985: Actress Keira Knightley, born in Teddington, England, and has gone on to star in such movies Pride and Prejudice and Pirates of the Caribbean.
In 1973: Google co-founder Larry Page, born in East Lansing, MI.
In 1968: Country music artist Kenny Chesney, born in Knoxville, TN, with 13 albums certified gold including When the Sun Goes Down
3. Still working on your taxes? This is the last Monday to get help from a AARP tax aide at the Windsor Locks Senior Center. Call 860-627-1425 to schedule an appointment. Windsor Locks Senior Center, 41 Oak St., Windsor Locks
4. Sign up to Walk for Abby: Sign up for a benefit walk to raise funds for the Foundation for Mitochondrial Medicine. The walk will be April 21, at 10 a.m. at Broad Brook Elementary School. There will be a 3-mile walk in honor of Abby Sauerhoefer. A cure for mitochondrial disease could impact cures for autism, Alzheimer’s, muscular dystrophy and Parkinson’s. The entry fee is $20 for adults and $10 for children. There also are sponsor levels, the Abby Cadabby Level, for $150, includes four walk registrations and T-shirts and the company name listed on event banner. The Princess Level, for $250, includes four walk registrations and T-shirts, and the company listed on T-shirt and event banner. The Angel Level, for $500, includes four walk registrations and T-shirts, company logo on T-shirt and event banner. Register online at: http:/bit.ly/wdvqRy
5. Tickets available now for Twilight Bowling to benefit Boy Scout Troop 89 at Bradley Bowl on March 31. Unlimited bowling, shoe rental and light show for $17 per person, with $5 donated to the troop. Tickets are available at Broad Brook Books & Stuff, 100 Main St., Broad Brook, (860) 623-5100 or call Scout Master Bob Leach at (860) 967-5704.