The Bradley Development League ended the year with several projects completed and many more on the way in the upcoming months.
According to Suffield Economic Development Director Patrick McMahon, the BDL has benefited from increased marketing and exposure with its website and an increased focus by the quasi-public Connecticut Airport Authority.
The BDL recently released a list of projects approved or underway in Suffield.
- Water & Sewer Utility Extension Project – The Suffield town engineer has met with Connecticut Water and Water Pollution Control Authority in preparation for design services. These investements, approved by the town this year, open up land for development.
Projects Under Construction
- Metal Finish & Supply Company – 12,500 square-foot expansion underway that McMahon said means a good committment to staying in Suffield.
Recently Completed Projects
- West Suffield Shoppes – Façade improvements completed by landowner as an incentive to attract new tenants.
On-Going Business Locations
- Merchandising Partners – Acquired 21 Kenney Roberts Memorial Drive in the Mach One Industrial Park – 30k sq ft
- Land Clearing Company – Acquired 16.5-acre Lot A7 of the New England Business Center off Firestone Drive.
- Ffyler Place Redevelopment – Laureno Enterprises has secured control of the 27-acre former lumberyard through a foreclosure action and is actively marketing to commercial and residential developers.
- Lincoln Educational Services – 56-acre campus with 200 dorm room educational facility is on the market.
The BDL is able to provide tax incentives to entice companies to the region. Although that means the towns may not gain much in tax revenue from the companies in the first five years, according to McMahon the taxes will come later. Not only that, every new job and development will make the area more popular and bring additional companies to the region.
The BDL started in 1995 and encompasses East Granby, Suffield, Windsor and Windsor Locks and more than 10,000 acres of undeveloped land and almost 2,000 properties for sale or lease, more than 90 million square feet of building space. The area is rich with incentives for businesses, including property tax exemptions and tax credits and, if applicable, help with financing.
For more information please visit bradleydevelopment.com