'Chimney Fire' on West Newton Ruled a Smoke Scare

The Boston Fire Department responded to a chimney fire in the South End on Saturday.

The Boston Fire Department responded to a West Newton condo building on Saturday evening for a chimney with an excessive amount of smoke. 

Fire officials were on scene for about half an hour, from 6:20 to 6:50 p.m. before ruling there was no fire.

"We investigated, but we found no fire and they coded it a smoke scare," said Boston Fire Department spokesperson Stephen MacDonald. 

Jane Doe January 27, 2013 at 04:40 AM
It was not a blaze
Sara Jacobi January 28, 2013 at 06:39 PM
Thanks - I contacted the Fire Dept. for more information and updated the story with more details.


More »
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Note Article
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.What's on your mind?What's on your mind?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something
See more »