Good morning, East Windsor and Windsor Locks! Today is Monday, April 1, 2013; there are 274 days left in the year.
The Syracuse University men’s basketball team made it to the Final Four. I know it’s April 1, but that ain’t no joke.
Yeah, yeah, I hear you. But I got a message from one of the big muckity mucks at Patch HQ who told us we don’t punk our readers. So you know the info is good.
LET’S GO ORANGE!!!!!
Here’s your Daily 5:
1. OK, so the week might start out a little soggy, but the long-range forecast from Tuesday through Saturday is pretty sweet with the National Weather Service calling for mostly sunny skies during the days and temperatures in the 40s and 50s.
2. The Friends of the Library Association of Warehouse Point are pleased to present Ned Farrell with The Bee Happy Company at the Warehouse Point Library on Main Street in East Windsor on Tuesday at 6:30 pm. Farrell, an avid beekeeper for 24 years, will talk about bee keeping. As advocates of beekeeping, the Farrells have installed hives, produced honey and beeswax items, and educated the public on beekeeping. The program is free, but pre-registration is required!
3. Know a student who is preparing for college, or some that already has a year or two under their belts? Are they community oriented and regularly volunteer? They might be eligible for this scholarship recently announced by Citizens Bank. Applications will be accepted starting today, April 1, through April 19, or until 3,000 are received. Don’t wait!
4. On Tuesday, the Patch you know and love is getting an all-new look, and we are so excited to share it. To read more about what’s to come, and to get a sneak peek read this informational piece on the Windsor Locks-East Windsor Patch redesign.
5. There are a lot of things planned for this week in Windsor Locks and East Windsor at the municipal government level. From budget discussions to assessment appeals to an East Windsor special town meeting, we’ve got your covered and will help you keep track of it all in the weekly This Week in Government column.