1. It’s Friday and the Heat Miser is going to visit again. There will be isolated thunderstorms with a high temperature of 97 degrees, according to The Weather Channel. Tonight will be mostly clear with a low temperature of 65 degrees.
2. The First Cardboard Race on the Scantic River in East Windsor will be Sunday.
3. The Third Annual is also scheduled for noon Sunday at the corner of Church Street and Mill in Broad Brook and is to benefit the East Windsor BMX Skateboard Park Committee. On the Scantic Your Rubber Ducky ( $10 Adoption Donation) could be a Top Duck Prize Winner.
It is a family fun event, bring the whole family to watch as the ducks frolic and race down the Scantic River ( a non-perishable food item donation please). Start Time is noon. there will be prizes for winners from Golf at Airways, movie tickets, certificates to Elaine’s Pizza & At The Dam Restaurant and Lots More ( including your name on the traveling trophy). To adopt a duck or for more info call Lori at 860-982-5837.
4. The newly formed Windsor Locks Farmers’ Market Association announces its first year of operation. The Windsor Locks Farmers Market will start on July 13.
The market will be open rain or shine starting July 13 and each Friday thereafter, from 2-6 p.m., in the South East corner of Dexter Plaza (near Bickford Health Care Center) , Main Street Windsor Locks, until the end of October.
A few sites are still available for local farmers and vendors of Connecticut grown or produced goods. For more information contact Mary Jane Perrier at 860-805-7622 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
5. And finally, stop by and say hello to our Patch cousin on the East Windsor border, South Windsor Patch, which launched Thursday.