1. Welcome to Monday, it will be partly cloudy with a high temperature of 85 degrees, according to The Weather Channel. Tonight will be mostly clear with a low temperature of 62 degrees.
2. Opera House Players, Inc., is having auditions for the musical You’re A Good Man, Charlie Brown. Auditions will be held at the , 107 Main Street, Broad Brook, on from 6 p.m. to 9 p.m. July 29 and 6 p.m. to 8 p.m., July 31 (followed by callbacks).
Be prepared to sing 16-32 bars (not from the show), Broadway standards (not rock) are suggested. Bring sheet music, accompanist will be provided. Auditions will include cold readings from the script with a possible movement portion as well (dress appropriately). Directors are looking for actors age 16-40 (no younger, please). Email the director at
firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
Let Patch save you time. Get great local stories like this delivered right to your inbox or smartphone every day with our free newsletter. Simple, fast sign-up here.
The show will be directed by Brett Gottheimer, with musical direction by John Pike, and choreography by Chelsea Neville. Performances are Fridays, Saturdays, and Sundays from November 9 through 25. For additional information, including directions to the Broad Brook Opera House, visit www.operahouseplayers.org.
3. On This Day in: 1776 ,Richard Henry Lee’s resolution that the American colonies "are, and of right ought to be, free and independent States" was adopted by the Continental Congress; 1937, American aviation pioneer Amelia Earhart disappeared in the Central Pacific during an attempt to fly around the world at the equator; 1964, President Lyndon B. Johnson signed the "Civil Rights Act of 1964" into law. The act made it illegal in the U.S. to discriminate against others because of their race; and 1995, "Forbes" magazine reported that Microsoft's chairman, Bill Gates, was the worth $12.9 billion, making him the world's richest man. In 1999, he was worth about $77 billion.
4. The Town of East Windsor is seeking local to display their fine artwork in the hallway at the , 11 Rye Street, Broad Brook. If you are interested, please call the first selectman's office at 860-623-8122 or email Jennifer Browne at email@example.com.
5. Don’t forget, we here at Patch are always looking for news, announcements and events in East Windsor and Windsor Locks. Feel free to post your own events and announcements, start a blog or even leave a comment. We also like letters to the editor. You can also send a news tip, letter to the editor or suggestion to me at firstname.lastname@example.org.