1. Hello Thursday, it will be partly cloudy with a high temperature of 86 degrees, according to The Weather Channel. Tonight will have a 30 percent chance for showers late and a low temperature of 65 degrees.
2. On This Day in: 1620, the Pilgrims left on the Mayflower from Plymouth, England to settle in the New World; 1901, President William McKinley was shot and mortally wounded (he died eight days later) by Leon Czolgosz. Czolgosz, an American anarchist, was executed the following October; 1943, the youngest player to appear in an American League baseball game was pitcher Carl Scheib of the Philadelphia Athletics. Scheib was 16 years, eight months and five days old; 1959, the first Barbie Doll was sold by Mattel Toy Corporation; and 1995, Cal Ripken played his 2,131st consecutive game setting a new record. Lou Gehrig previously held the record.
3. The Fourth Annual and Family Fun Day will be from 2 p.m. to 6 p.m. Sunday at , 28 Abbe Road. Six local restaurants along with community clubs and organizations are participating. There will also be live music, a bounce house, hayrides, family games and much more.
This event is presented by the East Windsor Republican Town Committee.
4. East Windsor First Selectwoman Denise Menard said at this week’s board of selectmen meeting that Leonard Norton, town engineer and public works director, has finished plans for expanding parking at . The design calls for three additional spaces in back and five in front of town hall, Menard said.
5. The Annual will be held from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. October 14, 2012 at . Highlights will feature a 5-mile charity walk/run, food, crafts, vendors, free pony rides & activities for kids, pumpkins, live music along with a Farmer's Market and entertainment for all ages.