1. Welcome to Tuesday, it will partly cloudy during the day with a high temperature of 60 degrees and a 50 percent chance of showers in the afternoon, according to the Weather Channel. Tonight will be mostly cloudy with a low of 39 degrees.
2. Windsor Locks' compost site on Old County Road will open for the 2012 season on Saturday. Curbside collection of bagged yard waste will begin on Monday, April 16. For more information consult the following link.
3. The East Windsor Chamber of Commerce’s What’s Up 2nd Weds will be held from 9 a.m. to 10 a.m. Wednesday at the Location Touchpoints at Chestnut (formerly Chestnut Point Care Center), 171 Main Street.
4. Adam Sandone from Boy Scout Troop 261 in Windsor Locks is working on his Eagle Scout Project: Organ Donation Awareness. Part of his project includes presenting the Town of Windsor Locks with the Donate Life Flag as part of the Flags Across America campaign, the goal of which is to have every town in America fly the Donate Life flag during the month of April, which is National Donate Life Month.
Join Adam at 5 p.m. on Thursday at Windsor Locks Town Hall, 50 Church Street, for a brief ceremony followed by the raising of the flag to honor National Donate Life Month in Windsor Locks. The ceremony will be held inside town hall if the weather is cold or inclement.
5. Sign up for Community Day: Forms are now available for Community Day participants.
Community Day in East Windsor will be May 12 and will include a parade, community and business booths and a performance stage. Businesses and crafters will be charge $50 per space, which includes up to two tables. Fees are non-refundable and need to be returned with the registration form. The theme of the day is The Greatest Wealth is Health and prizes will be awarded for the most creative parade display of healthy family lifestyles. There also will be a photography contest for residents in fifth through eighth grades. Adults are invited to submit their photos to be included in the display for Community Day. Forms can be found at the East Windsor Chamber of Commerce website, www.eastwindsorchamber.com under press releases. Forms are due back May 4.
For more information, contact JoAnn at 860-995-5827 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.