1. It’s Monday and you might have to try out the air conditioner. It will be partly cloudy with a high temperature of 91 degrees, according to The Weather Channel. Tonight will be clear with a low of 60 degrees.
2. Good luck to Windsor Locks resident Jason M. Heath who will be running in the Boston Marathon today. Also be careful Jason, there is a warm weather advisory for the 26.2-mile event.
3. The in Windsor Locks announced it will run five days of special activities during this week for students and families on school break.
4. Sign up for Community Day: Forms are now available for Community Day participants.
Community Day in East Windsor is May 12 and will include a parade, community and business booths and a performance stage. Businesses and crafters will be charge $50 per space, which includes up to two tables.
Fees are non-refundable and need to be returned with the registration form. The theme of the day is The Greatest Wealth is Health and prizes will be awarded for the most creative parade display of healthy family lifestyles.
There also will be a photography contest for residents in fifth through eighth grades. Adults are invited to submit their photos to be included in the display for Community Day. Forms can be found at the East Windsor Chamber of Commerce website, www.eastwindsorchamber.com under press releases. Forms are due back May 4.
For more information, contact JoAnn at 860-995-5827 or email email@example.com.
5. The annual Kids Fishing Derby in East Windsor will be May 5 in East Windsor Park. Sponsored by the Broad Brook Angling Club, registration will be from 7 a.m. to 8 a.m., and fishing will take place from 8 a.m. to 11 a.m.
The derby is for ages infant to 15 and is free to all East Windsor residents. No lures will be allowed. Prizes will be awarded for: largest fish; first fish caught; and the first person to catch their four fish limit in each age group.