1. Welcome to Monday. There will be isolated thunderstorms and a high temperature of 84 degrees, according to The Weather Channel.
2. The pool will be closed beginning Monday for upgrades and repairs. All Parks and Recreation Department lap and open swim times scheduled at the high school pool have been cancelled. As soon as the pool upgrades and repairs are complete the pool will be reopened and that information will be posted on the town website.
3. On This Day in: 1787, the Constitutional Convention in Philadelphia began. The articles of the U.S. Constitution draft were to be debated; 1890, Cy Young achieved his first major league victory. He would accumulate 511 in his career; 1945, the American B-29 bomber, known as the Enola Gay, dropped the first atomic bomb on an inhabited area. The bomb named "Little Boy" was dropped over the center of Hiroshima, Japan. An estimated 140,000 people were killed; 1965, the Voting Rights Act was signed by President Lyndon B. Johnson.
4. The hearing on a proposed apartment complex at Route 5 and Phelps Road in East Windsor was tabled again at East Windsor Inland Wetlands Watercourse Agency last Wednesday.
5. The Windsor Locks Planning and Zoning Commission is holding a public hearing at 7 p.m. on August 13 in on a proposed moratorium on the approval of modified or new liquor permits.