Good morning, East Windsor and Windsor Locks! Today is Tuesday, March 19, 2013; there are 287 days left in the year.
Friends, I have an 8-year-old stepson and a 9-year-old stepdaughter. And I TOTALLY whacked them at Candyland yesterday.
OK, that's not entirely true. But I did one of the two games we played.
I also learned that you can't talk smack in Candyland, because you could get that gingerbread man card and get sent all the way back to Drury Lane, which is essentially purgatory.
Oh, and I learned the 8-year-old wouldnt't stop playing until he won. Sigh.
Here’s your Daily 5:
1. The East Windsor Board of Selectmen meets tonight at 7 p.m.
2. The Windsor Locks Board of Selectmen meets tonight at 6 p.m.
3. The Windsor Locks Board of Finance is scheduled to meet tonight at 6:30 p.m.
4. Join the Connecticut Historical Society for story time! Children will listen to a story, make a simple craft to take home, and have time to explore our hands-on exhibits.
5. Job Search Support Group in East Windsor at 10 a.m.