Good morning, East Windsor and Windsor Locks! Today is Friday, Friday, gotta get down on Friday, party and party and party and YEAH! March 8, 2013; there are 298 days left in the year.
Taylor Swift repeated a Katie Couric quote that was a quote of a Madeleine Albright quote that there is a special place in hell for women who don’t help out other women.
Swift, who, by the way, is a li’l darlin’, was responding to a question about Tina Fey and Amy Poehler joking about Swift’s dating practices, as well as her habit of writing songs about the relationships once they go south.
Anyhoo, I thought it was a funny joke until the Tay Tay said it wasn’t. Now I’m all like, hey Tina and Amy, go to, uh, hell? Hmm. That’s a bit harsh.
Did I mention that Tay Tay is a li’l darlin’? I love the Tay Tay. Here. Watch a video of her bein’ all cute and stuff.
(Standard South Windsor Patch Disclaimer regarding Taylor Swift: There is absolutely nothing creepy at all to have a crush on a woman 20 years my junior. Nope. Nothing creepy at all. Move along. Nothing to see here.)
Here’s your Daily 5:
1. Well, what you see outside is what you're going to get today, in terms of the weather. More snow is predicted to fall throughout the day, adding another up to two inches to what's already there, according to the National Weather Service. A winter weather advisory will remain in effect through 1 p.m. Friday because of the heavy snow. Curious about what it all looks like on radar? Check out this cool weather radar map we've posted on the site.
2. If you were anxious about taking your road test Friday morning for your driver’s license, there’s good and bad news. Good news first, you have another day to get yourself together before you hit the road. The bad news is that you have another day to be anxious about the test. The Department of Motor Vehicles is cancelling all roads tests for the morning of Friday, March 8, because of the predicted snow. All appointments scheduled for after 1 p.m. should proceed as planned. Call ahead just to be sure, though: 860-263-5700 if someone is within the Hartford area and toll-free 800-842-8222 for those outside the Hartford area.
3. The night has come. Tonight, the No. 10 seeded East Windsor High School girls basketball team will take to the hardwood against No. 3 ranked Thomaston in Class S semifinals. C’mon, you can say it: “Go Panthers!” Tipoff is at 7:45 p.m. in Plainville.
4. With just a few weeks to go before “the” deadline, have you filed your state and federal taxes yet? If you have, good for you! If you haven’t and you’re still searching around for use tidbits of information about exemptions, most common mistakes or e-filing, here is a collection of stories that might help. Windsor Locks-East Windsor Patch will continue to post tax tips leading up to the April 15th deadline so keep checking back for more information.
5. Like country music and looking for a way to benefit a local organization? Well we’ve got the best of both worlds for you this weekend at the Broad Brook Opera House. King Kountry will perform Saturday and Sunday to benefit the local opera house and tickets are hot. It’s best to get them now before it’s too late.