1. Welcome to Tuesday. There will be a 60 percent chance of rain with a high temperature of 57 degrees, according to The Weather Channel. Tonight will gave a low temperature of 40 degrees and a 60 percent chance of rain.
2. The East Windsor staff is once again doing the annual “Toys for Joy” toy drive to collect unwrapped new toys for local boys and girls.
A collection box is located outside of the planning and development department for anyone wishing to contribute. The human services department has indicated that they need to have the toys by Wednesday, December 14.
If you have any questions, please call Marlene Bauer in the planning and development department at 860-623-6030. Anything you can give will be greatly appreciated.
3. On this day in: 1865, the 13th Amendment to the U. S. Constitution was ratified. The amendment abolished slavery in the U.S.; 1884, the construction of the Washington Monument, which took 34 years, was completed by Army engineers; and 1889, Jefferson Davis died in New Orleans. He was the first and only president of the Confederate States of America.
4. Auditions for “La Cage Aux Folles” are being held at from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. on December 11 and 7 p.m. to 9 p.m. on December 13. Auditioners should bring sheet music and be prepared to sing 16 bars of music and will cold reading from script. Show will be May 4-20 on Fridays-Sundays. For more information contact the director at firstname.lastname@example.org
5. The East Windsor Chamber of Commerce and the are sponsoring the 2011 Home for The Holiday Lights Contest. The contest is open to all East Windsor residents and businesses.
Judging will take place during the week of December 19. Please have display lights on between 5 p.m. and 8 p.m. First, second and third place prizes will be awarded to residents and the Holiday Spirit Award will be given to the best business display.
Call 870-627-6662 by December 12 to register.