1. It’s Monday and if you haven’t heard about Hurricane Sandy, you’ve been avoiding all forms of reality. Anyway, there is a high wind warning from 6 a.m. Monday until 6 a.m. Tuesday. It will be rainy, windy and a high temperature of 58 degrees. Tonight will be the same with a low temperature of 57 degrees.
2. On This Day in: 1652, the Massachusetts Bay Colony proclaimed itself to be an independent commonwealth; 1929, America's Great Depression began with the crash of the Wall Street stock market; 1940, the first peacetime military draft began in the U.S.; 1960, Muhammad Ali (Cassius Clay) won his first professional fight; 1969, the U.S. Supreme Court ordered an immediate end to all school segregation; and 1998, the space shuttle Discovery blasted off with John Glenn on board. Glenn was 77 years old. In 1962 he became the first American to orbit the Earth.
3. The annual East Windsor High School Safe Grad Good and Services Auction is scheduled for 6 p.m. Saturday in East Windsor High School’s cafeteria. Sponsored by the East Windsor High School Booster Club/Safe Grad, the donations are made by local businesses. Preview starts at 5 p.m.
4. The Windsor Locks Veterans Council will host a Veterans Day Concert at 2 p.m. November 11 in the Windsor Locks High School Auditorium. The First Company Governor's Foot Guard Band will perform a variety of selections to honor our veterans.
The concert is free and open to the public. The doors will open at 1:30 p.m. and the performance will begin at 2 p.m. Reserved seating will be available to all veterans and their families.
5. The 13th Annual East Windsor Veterans Day 5K Road Race will take place at 10 a.m. on November 10. Here is a link to more information.