1. Hello Friday, today will have a 40 percent chance of rain and a high temperature of 75 degrees, according to The Weather Channel. Tonight will have a low temperature of 58 degrees and a 30 percent chance of rain.
2. Showcase for Dogs, 121 North Road, is having its grand opening from 5 p.m. to 8 p.m. today. The new business’ opening will have free agility and rally runs, obedience demonstrations, and a K9 unit search and rescue demonstration as well.
3. On This Day in: 1861, the Congress of the Confederate States began holding sessions in Richmond, Va.; 1944, an attempt by a group of German officials to assassinate Adolf Hitler failed. The bomb exploded at Hitler's Rastenburg headquarters. Hitler was only wounded; 1944, President Franklin D. Roosevelt was nominated for an unprecedented fourth term of office at the Democratic National Convention in Chicago; and 1969, Apollo 11 astronauts Neil Armstrong and Edwin E. Aldrin, Jr. became the first men to walk on the moon.
4. The Fourth Annual Taste of East Windsor will be held from 2 p.m. to 6 p.m. on September 9 at . The event will have offerings from local restaurants, booths from local businesses, and activities for families.
To be a part of this community event contact Lois at 860-573-0591 or email email@example.com or visit us at www.Facebook.com/TasteofEastWindsor2012.
5. Don’t forget, we here at Patch are always looking for news, announcements and events in East Windsor and Windsor Locks. Feel free to post your own events and announcements, start a blog or even leave a comment. We also like letters to the editor. You can also send a news tip, letter to the editor or suggestion to me at firstname.lastname@example.org.