1. Hello Thursday, it will be partly cloudy with a high temperature of 89 degrees, according to The Weather Channel. Tonight will be mostly cloudy with a low temperature of 63 degrees.
2. On This Day in: 1799, the Rosetta Stone, a tablet with hieroglyphic translations into Greek, was found in Egypt; 1909, the first unassisted triple play in major-league baseball was made by Cleveland Indians shortstop Neal Ball in a game against Boston; 1974, the House Judiciary Committee recommended that President Richard Nixon should stand trial in the Senate for any of the five impeachment charges against him; and 1985, Christa McAuliffe of New Hampshire was chosen to be the first schoolteacher to ride aboard the space shuttle. She died with six others when the Challenger exploded the following year.
3. Don't forget the Windsor Locks Farmers Market on Friday from 2-6 p.m., in the South East corner of Dexter Plaza (near Bickford Health Care Center) , Main Street Windsor Locks. The newly formed Windsor Locks Farmers’ Market Association is holding one every Friday until the end of October.
4. The is hosting a BBQ on the Line Fundraiser. The fundraiser is to raise money for extending the track to Piney Ridge Park. The BBQ will be held on July 28. Doors will open at 5 p.m. The BBQ will be catered by Danny’s Little Taste of Texas of South Windsor. Tickets are on sale now. Ticket prices are: $22 per adult, $15 per child and may be purchased by contacting the museum: 860-627-6540 or by going on-line to www.ct-trolley.org. Tickets must be purchased in advance.
By purchasing a ticket to the event you will not only enjoy the southern cooking of Danny’s Little Taste of Texas, but you will receive full admission into the museum. The museum will be running a few different style trolleys that evening.
5. The Fourth Annual Taste of East Windsor will be held from 2 p.m. to 6 p.m. on September 9 at . The event will have offerings from local restaurants, booths from local businesses, and activities for families.
To be a part of this community event contact Lois at 860-573-0591 or email email@example.com or visit us at www.Facebook.com/TasteofEastWindsor2012.