1. Hello Wednesday, there is a chance for rain early and isolated thunderstorms later in the day with a high temperature of 78 degrees, according to The Weather Channel. Tonight will have a chance of isolated thunderstorms as well, and a low temperature of 55 degrees.
2. On This Day in: 1789, Thomas Jefferson was appointed America's first Secretary of State. John Jay was appointed the first chief justice. Samuel Osgood was appointed the first Postmaster-General. Edmund Jennings Randolph was appointed the first Attorney General; 1908, Ed Eulbach of the Chicago Cubs became the first baseball player to pitch both games of a doubleheader and win both with shutouts; 1914, the U.S. Federal Trade Commission was established; 1960, the first televised debate between presidential candidates Richard M. Nixon and John F. Kennedy took place in Chicago; and 1986, William H. Rehnquist became chief justice of the U.S. Supreme Court following the retirement of Warren Burger.
3. A dedication ceremony for the clock erected in memory of Raymond Roncari in front of Walgreens, on Main and Elm streets in Windsor Locks, will be at 10 a.m. today.
4. Memorial Hall will be open for group tours on Sunday. It is one of the most interesting and historic buildings in Windsor Locks. Dedicated in 1890, the building is a monument to those who went from Windsor Locks and lost their lives in the Civil War.
Today, it is a monument to honor all veterans of Windsor Locks who have served in all wars of our country. To promote the historical significance of this monument, the board of trustees has scheduled guided tours of the building and museum.
The group tours are conducted from 1 p.m. to 4 p.m. on the last Sunday of each month, at one hour intervals. All tours are free and open to the public.
Memorial Hall is located at the southwest corner of Elm and South Main streets.
5. Don’t forget, we here at Patch are always looking for news, announcements and events in East Windsor and Windsor Locks. Feel free to post your own events and announcements, start a blog or even leave a comment. We also like letters to the editor. You can also send a news tip, letter to the editor or suggestion to me at email@example.com.