1. Rain, rain go away... nope, it didn't work. Showers remain in the forecast for today, although the possibility for drizzle has decreased to 30 percent, according to the National Weather Service. The temperature will remain cool, though, topping off at 64ºF.
2. The polls are open today in Windsor Locks as residents are being asked to that could pay for several school facility and road projects in town.
You can vote between noon and 8 p.m. at these locations (just make sure you go to the correct one):
- District One - Town Hall
- District Two - High School
3. We have four new entries in the contest! For now it looks like Keeto has the lead, although Cabrita registered a vote late in the evening.
Keep those votes coming and upload some more great pictures of your canine companion.
4. If you participated in this past weekend's American Cancer Society's Relay for Life or have plans to walk in one to come, you already understand the significance of the event and what it is that makes people want to walk throughout the night in honor of a loved one.
Some who had cancer are lucky enough to take part in . Enfield Local Editor Tim Jensen is one of the lucky ones and he wrote a moving piece about his experience for Monday's Patch. If you missed it, take a moment to give it a good read and some thought.
5. If there's a chance that we'll get to see the sun this evening, then there's a good chance that we'll also .
According to National Geographic, this is a rare occurrence, when the planet crosses between the Earth and the sun, and one that won't happen again until 2117!
Just remember to take the proper steps to protect your eyes while watching.