Good morning, Windsor Locks and East Windsor! Today is Thursday, Feb. 7, 2013; there are 327 days left in the year.
Friends, I have never been more conflicted than I am today.
As you know, I think Taylor Swift is the greatest musician in the history of history. I love the Tay Tay. She’s just a li’l darlin’.
(Standard South Windsor Patch Disclaimer regarding Taylor Swift: There is absolutely nothing creepy at all to have a crush on a woman 20 years my junior. Nope. Nothing creepy at all. Move along. Nothing to see here.)
But the problem is that I now have a 9-year-old stepdaughter who caught one of Tay Tay’s earworm songs and hums it incessantly.
It’s not that my daughter doesn’t have a nice voice. She does. It’s just different hearing “I Knew You Were Trouble” sung by Swift versus hummed for three straight hours by someone who doesn’t even know that she’s doing it.
I’m. Going. Nuts.
Here’s your Daily 5:
1. The Bradley Regional Chamber of Commerce is hosting a Networking event at the New England Air Museum, this is the annual major TVCA networking event from 5 - 7 p.m.
2. A Lincoln Portrait at the Wood Memorial Library in South Windsor
3. Breakdancing classes for boys and girls at 5:30 p.m. in East Windsor.
4. Adult Beginner Tap Classes tonight at 6:30 p.m. in East Windsor.
5. OK, so this isn't today but did you know that it's National Girl Scout Cookie Day on Friday? Holy cow, can you taste the Do-Si-Dos and Somoas just reading this?!