Good morning, Windsor Locks and East Windsor! Today is Wednesday, Jan. 30, 2013, there are 335 days left in the year.
I used to have two cats - a boy, F.B., and a female, Mrs. Bigglesworth (I was a fan of Austin Powers). The boy lived up to the “B” in his name (anyone familiar with the corpulent character from the Austin Powers movies knows of what I speak).
Anyhoo, whenever I caught F.B. doing something wrong, I’d give him a quick flick on the nose. Without fail, F.B. would then saunter over to Mrs. Bigglesworth and attack her. He could not stand being punished without taking it out on her.
Now that I have two children, I can tell you that this concept is not confined to the species felinus.
Indeed, I have a stepson and a stepdaughter and, invariably, one is typically acting good, while another is acting, uh, not so good.
Whenever the girl gets punished, she fights with the boy. And vice versa. Then, when the one acting poorly gets punished - i.e. no video games for a week - then things get thrown down the stairs.
In other news, I’m losing my hair and my sanity.
Here’s your Daily 5:
1. The East Windsor Board of Education meets tonight at 7:30 p.m. at the high school.
2. The East Windsor High boys wrestling team will take on Fairfield Ludlowe today on the road at 6 p.m.
3. The Suffield/Granby/Windsor Locks cooperative hockey team takes on Fermi-Enfield-East Granby-Stafford at 4 p.m.
4. 2013 Connecticut Income Tax forms and Federal 1040EZ are now available at the Windsor Locks Public Library and the Warehouse Point library in East Windsor.
5. A Lincoln Portrait is all day at the Wood Memorial Library in South Windsor.