Good morning, Windsor Locks and East Windsor! Today is Friday, Friday, gotta get down on Friday, party and party and party and YEAH! March 1, 2013; there are 304 days left in the year.
It’s late and I’m tired. So the young (and very thin!) Community Editor Jayme Kunze was kind enough to share this video of a loris grabbing an umbrella. Am I the only one who thinks it looks like a mogwai? Don’t get him wet, feed him after midnight, etc?
Here’s your Daily 5:
1. Did you hear the news? Windsor Locks First Selectman Steven Wawruck is going to run for a fifth term and former First Selectman Edward Ferrari will be his running mate.
2. Summer camp. Seriously. The notices have started to go home and emails from last summer’s camp directors are starting to flood in-boxes. Now’s the time to check out what’s available and Windsor Locks-EastWindsor Patch has you covered withthis great collection of camps in the area. Check it out.
3. The Windsor Locks Women’s Club is hosting a scrape booking party tonight, March 1, with the $10 participation fee going to the South Elementary School’s fifth grade’s trip to Camp Jewell in Colebrook.
4. FYI, the BCH horse show that had been originally scheduled for Feb. 9, but postponed because of the blizzard, will be hosted on this Sunday, March 3. Want more information? Check out the Oak Meadow Farm Facebook page.
5. This weekend’s weather is going to include a mix of rain, fog, snow and lots of clouds. Not the best weather for outdoor activities. Check out the Windsor Locks-East Windsor events page or directory to find out what’s planned in the area or head to the community library for some quiet fun.