Good morning, East Windsor and Windsor Locks! Today is Monday, March 11, 2013; there are 295 days left in the year.
So, now that my son is on his way into the world - my wife the Yogurt Siren insists on providing me daily updates - I’m having second thoughts about this whole thing.
I mean, everything she tells me sounds pretty scary. (My wife has been through all of this before, bringing two kids into our marriage, while I used to have two cats and a dog.) And the problem is she says it with such glee.
For example, she told me that I have a lot of drool, barf, pee and poop in my future. Which I would normally agree with, except she said that said drool, barf, pee and poop will be the baby’s, not mine.
Oh, and the sleepless nights. People, I can’t function without 18 hours of sleep a day. So I have no idea what I’m going to do. I may subcontract out my daddy duties until the kid is, like, 5.
Then we can play baseball.
My wife can’t wait for the baby to be born, not only because she wants this fountain of bodily fluids to join the world, but also because she wants her body back. No lie, when she waddles around the house, I do my best Morgan Freeman imitation and declare, “March of the Yogurt Siren.”
I find this to be unendingly hilarious. She, on the other hand, is never amused. Strange.
Anyhoo, I can certainly wait for our son’s birth. Like 10 years or so.
Anyone have any suggestions how to delay the due date? I’m all ears.
Here's your Daily 5:
1. The beautiful weather will continue today, according to the National Weather Service. Expect partly sunny skies and the temperature to be in the low 50s. Rain tonight, though...
2. Do your toddler and preschooler love story time? You’re in luck! The Warehouse Point library in East Windor is holding story time registration for the spring session starting March 11 (today).
If you prefer book clubs, take a look at the Windsor Locks Public Library's calendar of events to see if any of the titles to be discussed in the coming days are worth your time. (Trust me, they are or they wouldn't be the subject of a book club!)
3. What is your lucky charm? If you have a picture of it, take moment to enter it into the Patch Lucky Charm contest for a chance to win a great prize package.
4. If you’re looking to get your fill of municipal meetings, this week gives you plenty to choose. For a complete list, read the This Week in Government column.
5. If meetings and story hours really aren’t your thing, there are plenty of other events and classes to take this week in and around the Windsor Locks and East Windsor area that should keep your attention for a bit and the Windsor Locks-East Windsor Patch events section has a list of what’s scheduled. See something missing? Feel free to add it to the list!