Today is Friday, it will be partly cloudy and a high temperature of 79 degrees, according to The Weather Channel. Tonight will also be partly cloudy with a low temperature of 58 degrees. Here are your Five Things for today.
1. On This Day in: 1813, Chief Tecumseh of the Shawnee Indians was killed at the Battle of Thames when American forced defeated the British and the allied Indian warriors; 1919, Enzo Ferrari debuted in his first race. He later founded the Auto Avio Construzioni Ferrari, an independent manufacturing company; 1921, the World Series was broadcast on the radio for the first time. The game was between the New York Giants and the New York Yankees; 1955, the play "The Diary of Anne Frank" opened at the Cort Theatre in New York; and 1969, "Monty Python's Flying Circus" debuted on BBC television.
2. Remember, if you have any business to do at Windsor Locks and East Windsor town offices get it done today. All municipal buildings will be closed Monday for Columbus Day.
3. If you have time on Sunday, drop by the inaugural East Windsor Farmers Market at Golden Gavel Plaza.
4. Don't forget to bring your pooch to Barktoberfest from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. Saturday at East Windsor Park, 27 Reservoir Ave. Enjoy a family friendly day for you and your furry friend. If you take pictures, don't forget to upload some of them here on Windsor Locks-East Windsor Patch.
5. The Annual Windsor Locks October Festival will be held from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. October 14, 2012 at Noden Reed Park. Highlights will feature a food, crafts, vendors, free pony rides & activities for kids, pumpkins, live music along with a Farmer's Market and entertainment for all ages. To view flyer, click.