1. Today is Monday and it will be sunny with a high temperature of 46 degrees according to Th Weather Channel. Tonight will be clear with a low of 27 degrees, that’s right 27 degrees.
2. On This Day in: 1605, The "Gunpowder Plot" attempted by Guy Fawkes failed when he was captured before he could blow up the English Parliament. Guy Fawkes Day is celebrated every November 5th in Britain to celebrate his failure to blow up all the members of Parliament and King James I; 1935, the game "Monopoly" was introduced by Parker Brothers Company; 1974, Ella T. Grasso was elected governor of Connecticut She was the first woman in the U.S. to win a governorship without succeeding her husband; and 1994, Former President Ronald Reagan announced that he had Alzheimer's disease.
3. The Opera House Players will present the family musical You’re a Good Man Charlie Brown,” featuring everyone’s favorite Peanuts characters, from November 9-25, at the Broad Brook Opera House.
Performances are at 8 p.m. Fridays and Saturdays. and at 2 p.m. Sundays. Tickets can be purchased online at www.operahouseplayers.org or by calling the box office at 860-292-6068. The show will be directed by Brett Gottheimer, with musical direction by John Pike, and choreography by Chelsea Neville.
4. The Windsor Locks Veterans Council will host a Veterans Day Concert at 2 p.m. November 11 in the Windsor Locks High School Auditorium. The First Company Governor's Foot Guard Band will perform a variety of selections to honor our veterans.
The concert is free and open to the public. The doors will open at 1:30 p.m. and the performance will begin at 2 p.m. Reserved seating will be available to all veterans and their families.
5. The 13th Annual East Windsor Veterans Day 5K Road Race will take place at 10 a.m. on November 10. Here is a link to more information.