1. TGI Friday, there will be am 80 percent chance of rain and a high temperature of 67 degrees, according to The Weather Channel. Tonight will have a 90 percent chance of rain and a low temperature of 60 degrees.
2. On This Day in: 1765, In the U.S., The Stamp Act Congress met and drew up a declaration of rights and liberties; 1914, the U.S. government owned vehicles were first used to pick up mail in Washington, D.C.; 1951, President Harry Truman signed an act officially ending the state of war with Germany; 1960, the United States imposed an embargo on exports to Cuba covering all commodities except medical supplies and certain food products; and 1983, the U.S. Senate approved a bill establishing a national holiday in honor of Martin Luther King Jr.
3. The Windsor Locks Police Commission held a special meeting Thursday where the members met with Town Labor Attorney Kevin Dineen to discuss what happens now that former Sgt. Robert Koistinen was acquitted.
"The Robert Koistinen criminal trial and the disciplinary process are two very separate entities,” Commission Chairman Kevin Brace said in a press release. “The disciplinary process is now in the State Labor Board's hands. Attorney Deneen is representing the Police Commission. He will update us as the process moves along.”
4. With Thanksgiving approaching the Five Corner Cupboard is going to be in need of plenty of turkeys for its clients. East Windsor Selectman James Richards reports that the food pantry expects there will be more families needing donated turkeys this year than last. Pleas contribute what you can.
5. The East Windsor Chamber of Commerce will be holding a mini trade show at its next business after hours from 5 p.m. to 7 p.m. October 24. The event will benefit the East Windsor Education Foundation and will be held Baymont Inn and Suites.
Chamber members can buy a table/booth for $25 which will be donated to foundation, which provides grants to educational opportunities to East Windsor school system and beyond. Please RSVP, or to purchase a Table/booth at this event, contact Jason Belanger, director of sales at Baymont at 860-627-6585 or email him at email@example.com.