1. It’s Thursday and it will be mostly cloudy with a high temperature of 63 degrees, according to The Weather Channel. Tonight will be partly cloudy with a low temperature of 50 degrees.
2. On This Day in: 1812, During the War of 1812, the U.S. frigate United States captured the British vessel Macedonian; 1881, the founder of "Cubism," Pablo Picasso, was born in Malaga, Spain; 1955, the microwave oven, for home use, was introduced by The Tappan Company; 1983, U.S. troops and soldiers from six Caribbean nations invaded Grenada to restore order and provide protection to U.S. citizens after a recent coup within Grenada's Communist (pro-Cuban) government; and 1999, golfer Payne Stewart and five others were killed when their Learjet crashed in South Dakota. The plane flew uncontrolled for four hours before the crash.
3. The East Windsor Rotary Club is hosting a Halloween Spaghetti Supper from 4:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. on Friday in East Windsor High School’s cafeteria. The meal, which will benefit, local, national and international charities, will serve spaghetti, meatballs, garlic bread, salad, cookies, soda, coffee and tea for $7 per person. Children 5 and under eat free.
4. The Windsor Locks Fire Department’s annual memorial services will be held at 3:45 p.m. October 27. Mass will be at 4:30 p.m. at St. Roberts Church.
Dinner and refreshments will be served immediately following church services at the firehouse.
5. The 13th Annual East Windsor Veterans Day 5K Road Race will take place at 10 a.m. on November 10. Here is a link to more information.