1. Hello, it’s Wednesday and Halloween. There will be a 60 percent chance of rain with a high temperature of 57 degrees, according to The Weather Channel. Tonight will be partly cloudy with a low temperature of 41 degrees.
2. On This Day in: 1517, Martin Luther posted the 95 Theses on the door of the Wittenberg Palace Church. The event marked the start of the Protestant Reformation in Germany; 1926, magician Harry Houdini died of gangrene and peritonitis resulting from a ruptured appendix. His appendix had been damaged twelve days earlier when he had been punched in the stomach by a student unexpectedly; 1969, Wal-Mart Discount City stores were incorporated as Wal-Mart Stores, Inc; 1984, Indian Prime Minister Indira Gandhi was assassinated near her residence by two Sikh security guards. Her son, Rajiv, was sworn in as prime minister; and 1993, River Phoenix died at the age of 23 after collapsing outside The Viper Room in Hollywood.
3. The Warehouse Point Fire Department Halloween party is on tonight. Line up at 6:30 p.m. at the main station on Bridge Street for a Halloween parade to the town hall annex, 25 School Street.
At 7 p.m. the party will begin. There will be a costume contest, games, music and plenty of candy.
4. The annual Ecumenical Bazaar will be held from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Saturday at Scout Hall. The event features arts and crafts for Christmas for sale from members of various churches in East Windsor.
5. Don’t forget to enter Patch’s Best Halloween Costume in America contest. The winner gets $5,000.