1. Welcome to Monday, it will be mostly cloudy with a high temperature of 59 degrees, according to The Weather Channel. Tonight will be cloudy with a low temperature of 42 degrees.
2. On This Day in: 1904, "Little Johnny Jones" opened in Hartford; 1918, U.S. Corporal Alvin C. York almost single-handedly killed 25 German soldiers and captured 132 in the Argonne Forest in France. York had originally tried to avoid being drafted as a conscientious objector. After this event his was promoted to sergeant and was awarded the Congressional Medal of Honor; 1938, the cover of "The Saturday Evening Post" portrayed Norman Rockwell; 1956, Donald James Larsen (New York Yankees) pitched the first perfect game in the history of the World Series; and 1957, The Brooklyn Baseball Club announced that it had accepted a deal to move the Dodgers to Los Angeles.
3. The East Windsor Chamber of Commerce Board of Directors will meet at 8:30 a.m Tuesday at Rockville Bank, 39 Prospect Hill Road. Coffee will be provided by the host.
4. The Warehouse Point Volunteer Fire Department is having a pig roast fundraiser from 2 p.m. to 9 p.m. October 13. The pig roast will be held rain or shine. BYOB
The cost is $20 per person and $5 for kids under 12. Call 860-623-7780 or 860-539-0968 for tickets or stop by the fire department at 89 Bridge Street.
5. The Annual Windsor Locks October Festival will be held from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. October 14, 2012 at Noden Reed Park. Highlights will feature a food, crafts, vendors, free pony rides & activities for kids, pumpkins, live music along with a Farmer's Market and entertainment for all ages. To view flyer, click.