Dog licenses are due from June 1st through June 30th for all dogs six months old or older. The fee for a spayed /neutered dog is $8.00 and the fee for a non-spayed/non-neutered dog is $19.00. Dogs not licensed by June 30, 2012 will be subject to $1.00 per month penalty fee.
Licenses may be obtained in person, or by mail. Per Connecticut General Statutes 22-338(b) and 22-338, you must provide us with a current valid rabies certificate and a spay/neuter certificate (if applicable). If you want to license your dog through the mail, please mail the following items to: Town Clerk, 11 Rye St., Broad Brook, CT 06016.
1. Check made out to: “Town of East Windsor” for the applicable fee.
2. Late fees included in check (if applicable).
3. Current valid rabies certificate
4. Spay/Neuter certificate (if applicable).
5. Self-addressed stamped envelope for the return of the dog license, dog tag & rabies certificate and spay/neuter certificate.
The town clerk’s office hours are Mon.-Wed. 8:30-4:30, Thurs. 8:30-7:00 and Fri. 8:30-1:00. For more information about dog licenses, call the Town Clerk’s Office at 292-8255.